Wednesday 27 November 2013

First whisky blog

Just a quick update to at least get one whisky related post on here to get me going.

After watching a +ralfystuff vlog, a while back, I decided to start up my own "solera bottle".

I thought this was an amazing idea and promptly set about holding an empty bottle back to start the "Whisky Belfast Blend".

Well anyway thought I'd stick on a wee post highlighting what's gone in so far.  I shall add to this over time and keep you all well informed.

To date I've refrained from sampling the blend in order to allow it to marry fully but no doubt I'll have a wee taste over the Christmas period and maybe add a few more in.

Well, without further ado, here's the mix so far:

Bunnahabhain 10yr - Carn Mor single cask bottling - 46% - 100ml
Balvenie 12yr Doublewood - 40% - 40ml
Aberlour 10yr - 43% - 100ml
Sainsbury's Islay Single Malt 12yr (Craft presentation) - 46% - 40ml
Bowmore 12yr - 40% - 50ml
Glenmorangie 10yr - 40% - 100ml 

Not much, as of yet, and by no means anything fancy but already the smell is fantastic with wafts of sweet sherry with hints of smoke in the background.  Can't wait to get this into a Glencairn and give it a good proper nosing.

I have some excellent whiskies nearing the end of the bottle so the blend should be boosted sooner rather than later.

Right, must be off now, time to get some Christmas shopping done.  

Until next time,

Slainte.

SI

P.S. Click here to see Ralfy's vlog that gave me the urge to get the blend started.


No comments:

Post a Comment