Wednesday 27 November 2013

Hudson Bar Whiskey Club

Last minute update about The Hudson Bar, Belfast's latest Whiskey Club happening tomorrow night, Thursday 28th November 2013, at 8pm in their bar located at Gresham Street, Belfast.

Given the date, this month, they are celebrating all things American in a nod to Thanksgiving Day.

From the notes on their poster they shall be sampling some small batch bourbons, whiskies and ryes.

It also seems they shall be kicking off proceedings with an old style Speakeasy style cocktail.

I've been to one of these nights before and I have to say it's well run, very affordable at £10 and extremely good fun.  I would wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone looking to expand their whiskey knowledge or simply looking for a good night's craic, and don't worry there's usually plenty of whiskey to go round.

I shall be heading down myself as, to date, I've had very little experience of anything American apart from what little I've tried at a few whiskey festivals here and in Scotland.

On a side note the bar is also well known for showing the live NFL games and seeing as there's 3 on tomorrow night, for Thanksgiving, it appears a "full-on" USA night shall be had.

Hope to see you there.

Until next time,

Slainte.

SI

No comments:

Post a Comment